I'm going to die healthy, damnit!

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Today's summary

Wow, I almost forgot, and it's only day 1. This is a bad sign.

Breakfast: applesauce and strawberries, toast with just a hint of peanut butter. Coffee.
Lunch: skipped.
Supper: 1/2 box Kraft Dinner (tm), with salsa sauce to give it flavour; organic greens, celery and carrot for a salad (no dressing); some great olive and rosemary bread.

Exercise: 2 hours on rollerblades, trying not to kill myself. Mostly succeeding

Other notes: 2 beer. It was a nice hot day, and after the rollerblading, I deserve it. And some dry popcorn and celery sticks while watching TV.

Yes, I know KD's not Mediterranean. But it's pasta, which is OK on the diet. And it's mostly vegetarian (has some milk). And it was in the cupboard, and convenient. So there. Back when I was in school, I used to eat 1/2 box of KD fairly often. I'd carefully open the box, put 1/2 of the mac in boiling water (with a chopped onion), and cook it. After cooking, I'd mostly drain it, add 1/2 of the cheese mix, and mix it with the remaining water. The opened cheese mix and mac would go back into the cupboard, and I'd eat my meal. That was when I had no fridge.

Now I cook the entire thing, and usually eat the entire thing. I'm bad that way, I tend to eat food as long as it's in front of me. So today, after cooking it, I put 1/2 of the cooked KD in a plastic food storing thingy ("Glad server-saver", I think), before putting the rest on my plate. So that when I was done what was on my plate, there was nothing left in the pot for 2nds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home