I'm going to die healthy, damnit!

Sunday, August 06, 2006

More about inline skating.

More stuff I"m figuring out...

- Like most balance exercises, it's easier when you have some speed. So going down hill at a crawling pace is actually harder than going at a jogging pace. But as I said earlier, once you are going fast(-ish) it's risky to try to slow down, because stopping is really destabalizing. So it's a balance: too slow and you fall down, too fast and you can't stop without falling down. But if you can keep the speed "just right", everything's good.
- for me, the "just right" seems to be above the "this is a little too quick" and below the "I'm going to die now!" speed.
- Keeping your weight low helps with the T-stop. It's still hard, and if you do it wrong, you still end up doing a very impressive piroette followed by a less impressive crash, but you're slightly more stable if your weight is low.

Oh, and everyone I see using inline skates are younger than I am. Some are in their mid 20's, some around 5 or 10 years old.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home